It is important to keep your title deeds up to date. This can help protect you against property fraud and make things easier when you come to sell or remortgage your property.
Our property team can help you to:
- Register your property at the Land Registry (for more information see our guide below);
- Apply for "adverse possession" of land that you occupy but is not included in your title deeds;
- Remove entries relating to mortgages which have been repaid;
- Update the names on your title deeds (eg as a result of death or marriage);
- Update the correspondence adress on your title deeds to ensure that any Land Registry notices relating to the property are sent to the right address.
For any queries about your title deeds and to find out how we can help, please contact us.
Registering Your Property (pdf 5.06mb)
Our Title Deeds Team
- Alison Street
Alison joined Harland & Co’s property department in 1996 and qualified as a licensed conveyancer in June 2005. As part of the residential property team she mainly handles residential property transactions, but she has also acted for developers in plot sales and on new-build developments.
More about Alison Street
- Catherine Edge
Catherine studied sociology at the University of York before converting to law. She started her training contract with Harland & Co in January 2007 before qualifying in 2009.
More about Catherine Edge
- Diane Grayson
Diane joined Harland & Co in 1999 and has been a director since 2004. She deals with all aspects of property work but specialises in commercial property matters. Diane currently heads up the residential property department.
More about Diane Grayson
- Simon Cowell
Simon is the managing director of Harland & Co and head of its commercial property department. Prior to joining Harland & Co in 1996 he worked for Legal 500 firms in the North East of England and was an in-house property solicitor for a substantial plc.
More about Simon Cowell