After a bereavement it can be difficult and emotional to administer an estate (a process often known as 'probate'). Our team will support you at every stage and help make the process straightforward.
We'll help you:
- verify and value the assets and liabilities of the estate
- calculate whether inheritance tax is due
- prepare the application for the relevant Grant
- notify (and identify if there is no Will) the beneficiaries
- finalise income tax matters and distribute the estate in accordance with the terms of the Will (if present)
Our highly experienced team will guide you through the process practically and sensitively. We can offer help with specific aspects or can handle the full administration on your behalf.
To find out more just contact our team.
Our Probate Team
- Stephen Morgan
Stephen is a director who joined Harland & Co in 2002. He was previously a partner and head of Private Client in a practice based in Solihull in the West Midlands specialising in estate planning and estate administration for high net worth individuals and prior to that was an associate with both a Legal 500 firm and a niche elderly client law practice. He is a Registered Trust and Estate practitioner and a member of both Solicitors for the Elderly (SFE) and the Law Society’s Private Client Section
More about Stephen Morgan
- Dorothy Appleby
- Dorothy's experience covers the areas of Wills, Living Wills, Administration of Estates, Trusts, Powers of Attorney and Court of Protection.
More about Dorothy Appleby
- Kevin Grant
Kevin qualified as a solicitor in 2003. He is our specialist dispute resolution solicitor and provides advice and assistance to clients who are involved in bringing or defending claims for damages of all kinds. He also has a Private Client case load assisting with Wills, LPAs, Court of Protection matters, as well as the Administration of Estates.
More about Kevin Grant